Saturday, March 27, 2010

OCIP

I think I'm taking a leap here, I was thinking of organising an OCIP kinda thing as a class trip. Haha I don't know what made me do it, but I was just looking through Habitat for Humanity, http://www.habitat.org.sg and thought of volunteering as a class.

If interested, we can go during our 3 month break (May-July) from uni, guys can maybe take leave from army? :) Anyway, about the project, we can form a youth group of min 10 people to go to any of the listed countries to help build homes for the impoverished. In return, the trip provides us opportunities for bonding, and nostalgic recollection of our Penang Trip together :') If we go to countries like Indonesia or Philippines, we can visit our fellow scholars who are now studying there. It's gonna be a different experience, that's not all about working to help the people there, but we get to sightsee and do other r&r activities too. Orphanage visits can also be added into the itinerary. The trip will be roughly about 7 days. We'll have to do stuff like fundraising for the trip, but Habitat for Humanity can guide us along with that. I think I might be too ambitious, haha, but I'm just thinking of how to fill my holiday time. Like since CJ never do all these CIP stuff alr (not talking about the SMU PEEPS HAH.) aiyah, even though now we don't need it for all those nyaa shit or graduation (not talking about the SMU PEEPS AGAIN HAH), it's always nice to volunteer right? :)

please comment if you wanna go!

1 comment:

T14 said...

yoyo, Mandy that's a really cool idea! Totally wasn't expecting that to be the twist. May or june would be best for me. I doubt the army guys can take 7 days off though! Let's just wait for replies :) really miss andrew and fifi.